CANZ seeks to protect and honour the national taonga of Te Ao Māori both when we perform with our national choirs and in our day to day operations.
We aim to:
– Increase our usage of Te Reo Māori in our daily operations, publications and concerts
– Publish an Interculturalism Policy
– Develop and enhance relationships with Māori composers
– Ensure all music that is attributable to, or derived from, Māori composers and lyricists is used with proper and appropriate permissions, payments, and attributions
We won’t always get it right and recognise there is a lot to do, so we welcome your ideas or feedback about how we can improve our approach.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or feel free to have a chat with us when you’re at our next concert!
Ka manaakitia, ka whakamānawatia hoki e CANZ te taonga o te ao Māori ina i ā mātou whakaaturanga me ā mātou mahi o ia rā.
Ka whāia e mātou:
– Te pikinga o te whakamahinga o te reo Māori i ā mātou mahi o ia rā, ā mātou whakaputanga, ā mātou whakaaturanga hoki.
– Tētahi kaupapahere whanaungatanga te tuhi.
– Te whanake me te whamana i ngā whanaungatanga ki ngā kaitito Māori.
– Ngā kaitito me ngā kaiwhakaari Māori te whakamana ki ngā whakaaetanga tika, ngā utu tika, ngā mihi tika hoki.
Kāhore mātou e tika ana i ngā wā katoa, ka mutu, e mōhio ana he nui ngā mahi kei mua i a tātou nō reira e pōhiritia ana ō whakaaro mō tō mātou whanaketanga.
Hena koa kia whakapā mai ki a mātou ki firstname.lastname@example.org ki email@example.com rānei, e pai ana hoki kia kōrerorero ki a mātou i ā mātou whakaaturanga.